Finance Director Interim/Permanent
Finance Director, Interim/Permanent. Merseyside/Cheshire
£90,000 + car allowance, benefits, pension, bonus
Our client is a long established privately owned £40m turnover food manufacturing business which is growing robustly and expects to double in size over the next 5 years.
A hands on Finance Director is now required to partner with the Managing Director and the Senior Management team in driving the business forward and shaping and executing business strategy.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a broad Finance Director role, also encompassing responsibility for IT and HR, contributing to the ongoing development of strategy, maintaining a robust financial management regime, and driving commercial and working capital performance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of Commercial/Strategic support to the Board/Group;
- Profitability and Working Capital management;
- Financial Management and Control – including re-implementation of the existing ERP system;
- Drive improvement in costing systems;
- Tax and Treasury Management (including FX risk management);
- External stakeholder management (including shareholders, prospective finance providers (currently debt free), auditors);
- Management of IT and HR.
This is a permanent role but the business requires candidates who are available to start at one month’s notice or less in order to have a handover period with the outgoing Finance Director.
Suitable candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Commercially astute qualified accountant with excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Strong IT/systems skills;
- Able to credibly influence/challenge at Board level;
- Adept driver of performance improvement;
- Experience in a manufacturing business with detailed knowledge of developing costing systems is essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a critical role at Board level in delivering controlled profitable growth in a dynamic, successful and growing international business.