Investment & Trusts Financial Accountant
- The Investment & Trusts Financial Accountant works closely with the Group FC.
- This role's responsible for all aspects of reporting for the University's trusts.
About Our Client
This position will suit a highly skilled qualified accountant with a strong understanding of financial accounting in a complex environment and with excellent IT skills. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role is responsible for all aspects of the management and statutory reporting for the University's trusts, investments and endowments. This includes monthly reconciliations of the Oxford Endowment Fund and Oxford Capital Fund. The role includes the supervision of the assistant financial accountant for investments and assistant financial accountant for trusts.
The key responsibilities for the Investment and Trusts Financial Accountant will be:
- Provide support for the investment sections of all period accounts for the University, and to take ownership of areas of responsibility within reporting on the financial situation of the University
- Take responsibility for the interpretation of financial reports and management information and to communicate to the University the impact on both financial and non-financial performance on Trusts and Investments
- Prepare investment management accounts on a quarterly basis for presentation to the CFO and Deputy Finance Director
- Ensure that the investment and endowment sections of the Financial Statements of the University are accurate and reliable, and produced in a timely manner. Provide accurate information to the University's auditors
- Supervise the preparation of the financial results for the Oxford University Development Trust (OUDT) and quarterly income and spend by trusts. Write related commentaries and provide analysis which will help TMB make decisions. Attend Trusts Management Board (TMB) to present the results and analyses.
- Produce meaningful budgets for trust income and expenditure and contribute to preparing the annual budget book. Provide quarterly Forecasts on investment returns and expenditure.
- To work with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, and the Divisional Controllers, to achieve appropriate and accurate collation and dissemination of financial information to and from Divisional and Departmental Administrators by using the Divisional Accounting structure
- To track changes in relevant accounting standards, regulations, SORPS, FREDs and Charity Commission requirements and assessing the impact these may have on the University's investments and endowments
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the role will hold a relevant accounting qualification at ACA/CIMA level or equivalent and have strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with finance and non-finance staff. They must have at least three years of experience in a large and complex accounting environment. They must also have at least three years' experience of managing staff with the ability to demonstrate proven leadership and teamwork skills. Lastly but not limited to, they must have high levels on personal effectiveness, particularly co-ordination, organisation and the ability to focus on achieving deadlines, ensuring that timetables/project plans can be met.
What's on Offer
Grade 9 - £46,336 - £53,691 (discretionary up to £58,655) + USS Pension Scheme + 30 days holiday
Ref Code: MPFE13916985Z