A market leading food distribution business is recruiting a General Manager for their distribution centre in the West Midlands.
Key Responsibilities as General Manager:
- In line with the Company and Regional plan, responsible for creating the strategic direction for the Warehouse & Distribution function and translating this in to a working operational plan to create a "best in class" distribution operation.
- Accountable for the leadership and management of the Warehouse & Distribution teams on a day-to-day basis and acts as a deputy for ROM when needed.
- Sets clear direction, through Managers, establishing clear, stretching but achievable goals and objectives for teams, in order to ensure customers receive outstanding service at all times.
- Drives a performance culture across the operation, to ensure focus on excellence is deployed and embedded throughout the function, active personal development planning and structured performance review process are in place.
- Deploys a regular and timely communication plan with teams to ensure they are fully informed of business strategy and results and clearly understand the role they play in achieving company and functional objectives, and progress against plans.
- Develop and lead a Health & Safety culture. Including adherence to all Health & Safety and Legal obligations and adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and reacting to customers' needs whilst maintaining all elements of the customer contractual agreement.
- Responsible for budgetary control and KPI delivery for warehouse & distribution.
- Developing operational roadmaps for warehouse and distribution to create a plan to outline "best in class".
- Legal compliance to road transport legislation.
- Create and support training and development for management team, building a robust succession plan for all critical roles.
- Lead a multi-disciplined workforce through a lean management structure.
- Stock integrity ensure that Distribution Centre stock is recorded and held in line with Company policies.
- Engage and manage internal stakeholder relationships with the regional support functions, colleagues within logistics and corporate sales and other relevant group support departments.
- Develop strong and positive operational relationships with internal partners and stakeholders, ensuring full engagement and collaboration on operational delivery that supports the business and aligns with our strategy.
- To be actively involved in specified project management as requested by the Regional Operations Manager.
The ideal General Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to create a strategic plan and translate this into transactional activities.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a multi-disciplined team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally & externally.
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Be resilient under pressure and demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to deliver commercial results when confronted with unforeseen work demands.
- Be able to act on own initiative and engage senior leadership team and key stakeholders in the value and logic of strategic and tactical business proposals
The business you will be working for is a market leading food distributor in the West Midlands area. An amazing opportunity for a career driven general manager.