Head of Internal Audit
Head of Internal Audit
PE-backed Engineering business
c£80,000 + benefits
This market leading, internationally renowned PE-backed Engineering business has experienced both acquisitive and organic growth over the past 3 years. Now backed by an ambitious PE firm and with exciting plans for growth in place, this dynamic organisation is about to embark on a significant and rapid expansion plan.
Several years of consistent success have come through the development of exciting innovations within its field and this business prides itself at being at the forefront of technological advances across the sector. International expansion plans remain on track and the organisation continues to bid for and win high profile contracts.
As a result of this continued success, the organisation has now created the new position of Head of Internal Audit.
In this business critical position where you will own the Audit agenda, reporting to the Group Finance Director, you will:
- Play a key role in linking the activities of risk management, audit, programme assurance and change management to create a robust governance framework.
- Own the execution of controls improvements across the business.
- Build an effective, flexible resource model to provide appropriate depth and breadth of skills to deliver the Internal Controls & Compliance plan.
- Provide proactive advice to the business on risk management and controls to support the continuous improvement of the control environment.
- Own, develop and communicate the Group Finance Policy Manual including a minimum standard of internal controls.
- Perform Internal Audit visits to Business Units to ensure compliance with Group Finance Policy Manual and identify gaps and areas for improvement.
- ·Ensure the tracking and follow-up of management actions to address identified control gaps, including holding action owners accountable for delivery.
- Work closely with Group Finance and Business Units to identify risks and mitigations, make appropriate recommendations, monitor, test and report progress. of actions
- Work closely with legal, finance and relevant departments to monitor and report on key financial compliance issues.
As a credible and emotionally intelligent chartered accountant, you will have first class communications skills and demonstrably high levels of intellectual horsepower. You will easily build cross-functional relationships, have proven business partnering experience and have experience of providing financial process and technical accounting advice. Key is previous exposure to a capex intensive product environment, ideally but not essential you will still be within practice auditing a range of clients. This is a high profile and critical hire which will play a key role in the continued success of this growing business.