Head of Finance
A globally recognised, household name in the creative world is looking for a Head of Finance to oversee a newly created finance function within one of their flagship, South West locations. This is an incredible opportunity to join a truly unique, hugely successful organisation within the creative space.
The role of the Head of Finance will be to build and manage the financial reporting team that manage all aspects of the group's finances. This function is currently based in London but will be moved to the South West upon the successful recruitment of this role.
The role is key in ensuring the production and management of the financial reporting functions is carried out as efficiently as possible and on a timely basis. The provision of quality information to the directors on the financial state of the group, on a monthly and ad hoc basis, is the ultimate responsibility of the Head of Finance.
Initial areas of responsibility will include:
- Recruitment of a fully functioning financial/management reporting and transactional processing team
- Working in conjunction with the CFO, this will include hiring of management accountants and building a transaction processing team that can produce robust and accurate financial information on a timely basis
- Managing the handover of work from the current team based in London to ensure that there is minimal impact on the business from this transition.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Overseeing the Accounts team's performance, their roles and workloads on a day-to-day basis. Managing Group cash and liaising with external departments in respect of cashflows.
- Liaising with department heads on the chasing of outstanding debtors and cash recovery.
- Dealing with FX management and working with the CFO on managing FX risk.
- Overall responsibility for the Group companies management accounts and ensuring that they are delivered within the agreed timeframe.
- Managing the company's financial accounting and reporting systems.
- Looking at ways to increase efficiencies in the department
- Responsible for liaising with the external audit and tax functions including the provision of audit and tax packs and information.
- Liaising with external auditors on timetables for stock counts and attendance for the audit.
- Providing tax information to the external accountants for completion of the corporation tax returns.
- Responsibility for ensuring the VAT returns are filed on time and that records are maintained to HMRC standards.
- Working with other, creative, non-Finance personnel, internal stakeholders and members of the senior management team across the group.
- Technically strong, with a track record of providing high quality, accurate financial information to a tight deadline
- Previous experience in a creative or similar environment, and ability to work with both creative & non-creative individuals
- Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA with ideally significant PQE experience
- Proven track record of working in a deadline driven financial environment
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Management skills and demonstrable record of managing teams and the motivation of team
- Good IT skills and experience of development of financial systems and processes to improve efficiency
- Experience of change management, and able to add value to the current change project underway within the group
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Fast learner - ability to understand complex coding and the inter-company structure
- Organised, able to prioritise efficiently
- Self starter, & able to use own initiative
- Prepared to work in a fast moving environment that requires the person to be flexible in the way they respond to issues as they arise