Contact Centre Director – DFDS
Contact Centre Director – DFDS
Salary: Circa £80,000 plus comprehensive package
DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. It provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.8bn. The business delivers high performance and superior reliability through shipping & port terminal services, and transport & logistics solutions to over 8,000 freight customers. To 6 million passengers, DFDS provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. They employ 7,000 employees on ships and in offices across 20 countries.
The company operates several passenger business units in locations such as Dover, Newcastle, Copenhagen and Dieppe. Each have previously had its own Passenger Director, Public Relations, Marketing and Contact Centre team. In 2017 DFDS decided to globalise and centralise the passenger functions, creating one passenger business unit to support the European locations. As part of this restructuring process a new Contact Centre Director role has been created that will manage all call centres. They will join at the beginning of this journey, designing and implementing the best strategy for this part of the business going forward.
The role will be based in Newcastle and will be responsible for 100 + employees in Europe, reporting to the VP of Business Unit Passenger, Brian Thorsted Hansen.
- Develop the vision, set the right strategy and execute with precision, playing a pivotal role in modernising the future Contact Centre organisation and at the same time preparing and enabling the rest of the business for this change
- Overall responsibility for all contact centres in the Business Unit Group Passenger. The Contact Centres are spread over multiple locations in Europe, so moderate travel is required.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and customer sales via all channels (social media, email, chat etc…) and develop an Omni-Channel approach within teams and IT/systems
- Leverage your knowledge and experience with contact centre technologies to partner with the IT group to ensure effective optimisation and enhancement of technologies in order to improve operational effectiveness
- The successful candidate will come into this exciting role with a proven commercial leadership background, comfortable leading multi-faceted teams across multiple sites. A track record of leading international virtual teams would be desirable.
- An inspirational and hands-on leader, capable of managing and bringing together diverse backgrounds and skill sets to create a team environment and produce results.
- Previous experience of developing actionable strategies and driving change projects is required, along with a “challenger” personality that questions the status quo. Demonstrable experience of designing, establishing and delivering on plans to execute change.
For further information and details on how to apply, please click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Closing date for applications: Midday 26th June 2018