Head of Finance Partnering
- Leadership opportunity
- Commercial and analysis
About Our Client
Guinness has been providing homes and services for over 125 years. We now own or manage over 65,000 homes and provide services to 120,000 customers nationwide. Our social purpose means that any surplus we make is re-invested in new and existing homes, improving services for the benefit of our customers and communities.
We're now in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our vision is very simple. We want Guinness to be an organisation that delivers amazing customer service, is a brilliant place to work, and is strong, stable and resilient financially so that we can keep building new homes. And we want Guinness to have an offer for older people that is really special, that has impact and influence where we work, and most importantly one that our customers and employees feel proud to be part of.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance Partnering, with strong leadership and team development skills, to report directly to the Director of Finance Reporting and Management Information and manage a team of Business Partners / Senior Management Accountants.
As Head of Finance Partnering you will be responsible for developing and managing the finance partnering function for Guinness. You will provide accurate and timely financial information and analysis and deliver excellent services, which will enable Guinness's strategic objectives to be achieved.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure the timely production of accurate monthly financial performance reports for the Group including relevant and insightful commentary.
- Develop and maintain excellent finance partnering relationships ensuring reliable and timely financial and management reporting systems across the business, in conjunction with the Senior Management Accountants.
- Prepare and consolidate the Group's annual budget and quarterly forecasts to an agreed timetable.
- Advise and support Heads of Service, Directors and the Executive Team to make effective decisions.
- Advise on the financial implications of policy changes, projects, new initiatives and business development proposals to Heads of Service, Directors and the Executive Team.
- Identify opportunities to improve financial and business performance across Guinness, embracing technology as appropriate.
- Develop the Group's approach to Value for Money, including maintaining and updating the Group's VfM Strategy and providing regular updates to the Executive Team, Group Audit & Risk Committee and the Board.
- Lead on other cross-finance reporting for the department - risk maps, internal audit tracking and business plan updates.
- Lead on projects to deliver continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
You must be a CCAB Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA) with proven experience in a senior role of working in a Group Finance function or large professional services firm.
You will have excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage and develop teams and experience of reporting to Executive Teams and Board.
You must have the ability to design and build bespoke reports to convey financial and statistical information to different business areas and deliver accounts that are meticulously accurate within strict timescales.
You will be an advanced user of excel, to include experience of designing and writing complex macros and the ability to interrogate, extract data and analyse/reconcile.
You will be required to confidently present complex information to all levels of the Group meaning excellent communication skills are another essential.
Previous experience operating in the social housing sector is desired.
What's on Offer
£76,870 - £80,600 plus Benefits including 32 days annual leave
Based in Brock Street, London with occasional travel required
Ref Code: MPFE13919712Z