Head of Controlling / Head of Accounting
The Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group are acting as retained partners to DB Cargo for the appointment of a Head of Controlling / Head of Accounting.
The role of Head of Accounting and Controlling is a pivotal role within the Finance department of DB Cargo UK and presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead an exceptional team.
Based in Doncaster, UK, this opportunity will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be a dual role covering both accounting and controlling functions within the UK business. Leading a team of over 30 employees across functions such as accounting, controlling, accounts payable and accounts receivable, the role will play an integral part in the company’s ongoing development to consolidate itself as the first choice for rail freight in the UK.
Specifically, the role will:
- Ensure consistent and proper accounting and reporting across the business, in accordance with commercial constitutional and tax law, as well as of company specific-requirements
- Be responsible for the timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, interim and annual financial statements of DB Cargo UK and its assigned subsidiaries
- Ensure targeted liquidity management (including debt) and adequate insurance coverage as well as coordinating and controlling all financial planning
- Advise on investment and commercial opportunities arising within the business
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant with experience of commercial financial management
- Have an in depth understanding of strategic finance
- Be a confident and approachable leader
- Hold enhanced stakeholder management skills, ideally in a European environment
- Be a strong people manager with demonstrable experience of people development
A candidate with first class credentials is required for this role. You will have had first class training as an accountant and have had experience within a large scale, complex business, ideally with a European or International remit.
This is a very broad role with responsibility for group finance, tax, controlling, AP/AR and strategic planning. As well as having a sound technical grasp of accounting principles, you will be a strong leader and have the ability to challenge and affect change, as well as partner with senior stakeholders.
If you have the right credentials and appetite to join DB Cargo, please apply by sending your CV and/or application by clicking "Apply".