Associate / Investment Officer
Associate / Investment Officer
Based: Washington, D.C. or one of IFC’s regional offices (such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Delhi, Dubai, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Dakar, Nairobi, Sao Paulo, or Mexico City)
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing economies around the world. In FY17, we delivered a record $19.3 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to help end poverty and boost shared prosperity.
As part of our commitment to creating a dynamic, creative and diverse working environment, we have launched a recruitment drive aimed to attract nationals of Sub-Saharan and Caribbean countries.
IFC is seeking Associate and Investment Officers responsible for sourcing and executing transactions and actively manage portfolio projects in any of the following industry areas: Financial Institutions; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Telecom and Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services.
Positions may be located in Washington, DC or one of IFC’s regional offices (such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Delhi, Dubai, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Dakar, Nairobi, Sao Paulo, or Mexico City).
The AIO/IO will work closely with colleagues in the region and in Washington, DC, on business development, transaction execution, portfolio supervision, and client relationship management.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the relevant sector (Financial Institutions; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Telecom and Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services) and support team in developing strong relationships with key counterparts in the private and public sector as well as development partners.
- Proactively identify potential investment partners and opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact and make recommendations to IFC’s management.
- Execute loan, equity, and mezzanine financings including processing mandates, conduct due diligence, structuring deals, negotiate terms and documentation, arrange syndications, and process internal approvals.
- Work closely with IFC’s specialists to manage environmental, social, technical, legal, insurance, corporate governance, and other risks in projects and champion IFC’s sustainability offerings to clients.
- Monitor clients’ compliance with the terms of investment agreements, prepare timely supervision reports, identify early warning signs, and, when necessary, formulate/implement strategies for work-outs, restructurings or reschedulings.
- Provide high quality client service throughout the project cycle from transaction sourcing and processing to supervision.
- MBA, Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent;
- A significant work experience for a major commercial or investment bank with significant emerging markets presence, an international financial institution or a private equity firm;
- Experience in investment transaction, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring and closing quality investments;
- Knowledge of and experience in emerging markets a plus;
- Strong business judgment in identifying potential business partners;
- Strong financial and credit skills; sound business judgment and demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity);
- Client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client needs effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries and to build networks across the region, including the ability to mentor and coach others to achieve results;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and deliver promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages a plus.
For further details and to apply please visit our microsite.
Search for req113.
Closing date for applications: June 18 2018.