Financial Data Engineer
This role will be within the DMO’s Research team and report to the Head of Research Strategy. This is a permanent role contributing to the DMO’s strategy and research capabilities. The Research team provides both regular analysis and longer-term specialist research in relation to the DMO’s debt management function and other core activities. The role is highly quantitative and requires both computer modelling capabilities and knowledge of mathematical and statistical techniques and ideally some knowledge of fixed income financial products.
The jobholder will be required to work in a small team of specialists and carry out analysis and coding with minimal supervision over a wide range of fixed income areas. A large part of the role will involve the maintaining and developing the team’s codebase of analytical tools. Areas of work might typically involve econometric modelling, yield curve construction, data manipulation, tick-by-tick metrics at auctions, statistical models and the analysis of inflation linked securities.
It is essential that you have a degree in Computer Science or another relevant area (e.g. Maths, Physics, Engineering).
- Experience working in a developer role, including the following:
- At least one dynamic scripting language
- Version control systems
- Issue tracking
- Live support and trouble shooting
- Experience of using database servers and complex SQL queries for both Oracle and MS-SQL
- Understanding and practical application of unit testing and integration testing
- Experience of working in a financial institution
- Experience in stochastic and predictive modelling
- Experience in at least one compiled language (C# medium level knowledge)
- Experience with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
This post will be based in the DMO’s offices in the City of London. This post is available on a full time, permanent basis.
Apply for Financial Data Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly