Director of Firmware
I am looking to find a Director of Firmware for a company based in Oxford who develop a range of popular and innovative products used around the world. You would be joining a company who are growing quickly and taking on the best engineering talent on the market.
The company are looking for somebody comfortable in taking a project Lead role with overall responsibility (or specific functions/deliverables) and team leadership for the cross-functional team within development projects. The role will have a wide ranging scope of activities, from marketing through to strategic project road mapping and recruitment.
The Role: Director of Firmware
- Scope: Develops corporate and/or organizational policies and authorizes their implementation. Detailed knowledge of the company allows for innovative concepts and promoting new ideas. Provides direction to senior managers in various areas, groups, and/or operations. Recognized as an influential leader.
- Job Complexity: Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business. Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas. Requires in depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company's goals.
- Discretion: Erroneous decisions will have a long-term effect on the company's success.
- Interaction: Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policy making.
- Supervision: Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
- Project completion in line with agreed project plans.
- Acute planning and tracking skills.
- Highly Innovative and creative in project development and product features.
- Strong working relationship with multi-site Project Leads
- Driving the team to meet company procedures.
- Very strong risk identification and management.
- High-level problem resolution.
- Successful technical development and progress of engineering colleagues.
- Team management of allocated resources when required.
- Proactive enhancement of company procedures / work instructions
This is a word class company, who are well respected and renowned within the technology sector. They now require someone with natural management ability and a strong technical background in system design and architecture (firmware) to lead a ground of talented design staff. This role would suit someone looking to make the step up from a software management position into a more strategic role.
Their regularly develop new features to their products, and likewise you would be tasked with developing existing and new product ranges. The company offer a brilliant benefits package, including a very good bonus, other performance related add-ons, share scheme and a generous pension contribution.
The company are looking to move quickly on this, and are available to interview within the week.
If you would like to learn more about the role, and think you have the skill set required, please get in contact with me at Computer Futures on .
I am also looking to grow my connections on LinkedIn, click the Link and connect today!
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
- provided by Dice