An innovative FMCG wholesale distribution business is seeking a commercially strong Finance Director to be a pivotal member of their well-funded and fast growing start-up business. Based in London, you'll be responsible for the finance function, working closely with the CEO, the management team and the Non-Executive Directors to most effectively commercialise the company's consumer products business.
We're looking for someone to:
- Implement financial recommendations base on analytical activity
- Increase sales and margins across the business
- Provide leadership to the board on financial and accounting strategies
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including investors
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banks and accountants
- Provide leadership to the board on financial and accounting strategy
- Ensure the company financial systems, policies and procedures are robust and compliant and support current activities and future growth. Ensure regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Contracting auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up to date
- Oversee HR functions
- Contribute to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA), preferably Chartered, who is comfortable getting their hands dirty in a start-up environment. You will significant experience in a financial role, in the wholesale distribution, retail and online space. You will be commercially astute, with excellent communication skills and a hunger to grow with the business, working with multiple teams to execute company targets and manage budgets. The role would suit a Finance Director in a smaller business, or a Financial Controller in a medium-sized business looking to make a step up.