Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are currently recruiting an experienced Category Manager to work for a successful international retailor engaged in the manufacture, distribution and sale of household products. This is an exciting opportunity to work for rapidly growing organisation, with an expanding portfolio offering innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of four Buyers, offering support and guidance to ensure key targets and objectives are met. Managing category performance through new product development, sourcing strategies, supplier relationships with a spend of c£90M across multinational suppliers.
We are looking for a professional who can drive commercial activity to reduce cost, minimise risk and increase performance levels in line with business growth. Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent commercial awareness, ability to drive change and have experience in managing a large portfolio of international suppliers.
The incumbent will be expected to work cross functionally and engage with stakeholders therefore excellent communication skills and ability to influence other will be key.
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain would be keen to speak with candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Ideally CIPS qualified / Degree educated
- Significant Procurement experience within a similar role
- Category development experience
- Excellent supplier and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of managing teams and delivering change
- Ability to identify cost down opportunities and produce strategic plans to support a growing supply chain
- Comfortable working within a demanding and target driven environment
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on purchasing, sourcing, and full supply chain control and management positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would like to hear from you.