We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Sales Director for our firm in Vaudreuil-Soulanges Area Quebec
We are a leading manufacturer of high-quality fiberglass tanks, piping systems and process equipment for virtually every industry and market. We also fabricate dual laminate tanks and apparatus for corrosive applications and chemical storage
Reporting Structure and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales Director has the overall responsibility for directing, developing and increasing market share and profitability through sales of FRP (Fibre-Reinforced Plastics) and GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastics). The successful candidate will take responsibility for creating, guiding and directing sales strategy, alignment to business, and will form a key member of the decision-making part of the business leadership.
- Develop and communicate sales strategies based on agreed business vision and mission statements
- Determine annual sales revenue targets, and measure and report progress to the executive
- Work with marketing departments to achieve revenue targets
- Set and communicate annual expense budgets, and measure and report progress to the executive
- Ensure effective management of the sales team, setting and managing all operational areas of the sales division
- Responsible for nurturing relationships with key clients both local and international
- Display strong leadership qualities, and an ability to engage with clients at all levels of business
- Interact with clients, engineers and contractors about all technical and commercial aspects of FRP, GRP, and composite materials.
- Provide structures through which sales team can be motivated and managed
- Provide thought leadership to the executive team on strategies of expanding offers to the market
- Successfully negotiate and obtain client commitment to support the enterprise
- Correctly advise specifying engineers in the design and specification of products with two specific areas of focus
- GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) Piping solutions. Knowledge of Thermoset Plastics, GRP Filament continuous and discontinuous winding processes, Vinyl Esther, Isophthalic, and Orthophthalic resins. Understanding of Centrifugal Cast Winding, as well as pultrusion and extrusion processes is required.
- FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) tanking and industrial solutions. Extensive knowledge of use of FRP for tanks, process equipment, dual laminates and Fluoropolymer liners.
- Advise specifying engineers in the correct standards according to establish and accepted standards such as AWWA (American Water Works Association), EU, FRP and GRP standards.
- Project manage contracts to ensure correct installations, manage manufacture lead time expectations and ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage contract submissions to ensure that response is done within stipulated time and costing parameters, including timeous tender submissions (RFI etc)
- Effective communication of products, services and value offerings to customers and internal teams
- Represent the enterprise at industry events and conferences
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or diploma in commerce or engineering and a minimum of several years of FRP and GRP technical sales experience
- In-depth knowledge of FRP, GRP and Composites products is essential. This is a highly technical industry, so product knowledge is non-negotiable
- Experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) is essential
- International sales experience is essential
- Previous business shareholding will be an advantage
- Previous sales leadership in this industry is essential
- Experience in project team management
- Evidence of engineering studies will be an advantage
- Strong understanding of manufacture processes for composites, including FRP and GRP, such as winding (helical and centrifugal), extrusion and pultrusion
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, communication, presentation, leadership and decision-making skills
- Results oriented and proven ability for attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours and travel expectations
- Team Player and ability to provide mentoring and assistance to team members
- Motivated self-starter who can work with minimal direction and supervision
Wages and Benefits
- The annual wage will be CAD 95K
- Performance Incentive: based on results
- Car allocation
- 4 weeks paid holiday in addition to the legal statutory holidays in Quebec
- Full family Group insurance (life, medical, dental, etc paid at 50% by the company
- Pension Plan contribution (3% of salary by the company)
- Expense Account (computer, office, travel etc)
All candidates are thanked for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.