Government Chief Security Officer
The Government Chief Security Officer (GCSO) is probably the biggest and most important security job in the UK today, and will be of critical importance as we reform government security. This reform will enable the security function to adapt to the modern needs of government, including digital transformation and new ways of working.
Sat within the Cabinet Office, the role reports to the Chief Executive of the Civil Service and Cabinet Office Permanent Secretary, John Manzoni. At the centre of Government, responsible for coordinating policy and strategy, the Cabinet Office’s core purpose is to make government work better and be greater than the sum of its parts.
The role is responsible for protecting Government’s people and information from a wide range of threats including terrorism, cybercrime and hostile states. The role requires an exceptional senior Executive to take on the most senior security leadership role in government.
The GCSO will be head of the security function for the Civil Service attending the Corporate Management Board, leading, partnering and advising at the most senior levels. They will also be responsible for building national security relationships with key global partners and allies in government and industry.
The role will be accountable for evolving and implementing the security strategy and delivery for the Civil Service, driving forward the Transforming Government Security Programme – a major change programme for government security- and future reforms.
We are seeking an outstanding leader with sophisticated communication skills, and experience of leading a converged information and physical security strategy and operation.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an outstanding leader with extensive senior management experience and a strong track record of delivery.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of operating and leading a converged information and physical security strategy and operation
- Sophisticated communication skills with a proven track record of influencing effectively at the most senior levels both internally and externally, in a complex organisation
- Experience of delivering a forward-looking strategy, policy, and procedures with a perspective broader than operational, to keep the organisation ahead of the rapid pace of change, with a particular focus on technology
- Experience of defining policy, procedures and leading large-scale operations, including complex security platforms serving all end to end needs of the organisation
- Experience of building capability and managing change, in order to drive the delivery of large scale transformation
Please see the full information pack below for full details and person specification. If you'd like to hear more about the role, please contact Carbon Search using the details supplied.