Finance Director - Europe
We're acting to appoint a European Finance Director on behalf of an international private equity firm. The firm is a well-established investor with a stellar track record. The European business is responsible for c.£2bn in commitments and seeking to appoint a Finance Director for the first time.
This is a key, long term appointment fundamental to the succession plan of the business. The appointee will be expected to quickly grasp the complexity of finance and established the trust of the partnership, as the first point of contact for the business in relation to all finance matters.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and sign-off of all operating company accounts and fund accounts;
- Production of the monthly management accounts and quarterly board reports;
- Delivering the annual budgeting and forecasting process;
- Contributing to the strategic direction and development of the business;
- Tax efficient structuring of fund investments;
- Developing an excellent working relationship with the Partners;
- Managing the working capital and cash position of the firm and its funds;
- Managing the statutory reporting and external audit process;
- Oversight of the VAT and corporate tax reporting; and
- Management of a small finance team.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA preferred) operating in a Finance Director capacity within private equity or a related investment business. In addition to relevant technical accounting expertise, you must have the communication skills to forge a strong working relationship with the partners of the firm.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com