5 days left
Our client is a highly successful pharmaceutical company, which has an extremely impressive track record of growth, now generating nearly $30bn of revenue. Led by R&D, the Group discovers, develops and commercialises a range of products in areas of medicine that are currently unmet.
This is a role for a high-potential individual, with fast-track career progression envisaged in a global institution with international opportunities and promotions across the European businesses, to the HQ and elsewhere around the globe. Your peer group will be of the highest calibre, from the scientists and medical practitioners at the heart of the business, an entirely Blue Chip finance team, with all of the other support functions mirroring this quality. This role is involved in all areas of operational finance and requires multi-tasking and prioritizing across a broad range of responsibilities and managing multiple stakeholders.
The Junior Controller will take responsibility for the following areas:
- Build strong network and relationships across all areas of Finance (in-country team; Controllership, FSS, Tax & Treasury) and across the business, to enable delivery of objectives.
- Ensure compliance with worldwide policies and procedures: Responsible for driving Process Governance in Procure to Pay
- Drive process improvement and fit-for-purpose standardization of reporting and analysis.
- Support the 2 day month end process, including journal preparation and review, ensuring accurate cut-off of sales and expenses, preparing reconciliations and editing the commentary on the P&L and BS reporting before it is presented to EMEA HQ on working day 2.
- Responsible for the preparation of VAT returns and support across all other key Tax areas.
- Partner with Customer Services on Credit Limits, Accounts Receivable reporting and ad hoc projects.
- Support in the preparation of all Statutory Reporting.
- Support in the coordination of Internal and External Audits.
- Play a role in Internal Control Monitoring across various areas.
- Participate in local and global cross-finance / cross-functional projects.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant, possibly looking to make a first move out of public practice. Strong technical accounting knowledge of systems and appropriate GAAP as well as all key aspects of controllership in a listed company will be key to success. You will have good knowledge of UK tax and compliance and be able to apply accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects. You must also possess excellent communication and networking skills, being able to manage a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively, confidently and proactively keeping them up to date. You will be detail-orientated, with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
Apply for Junior Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly