Chief Customer Officer / Sales & Marketing Director
5 days left
Every successful executive can point to a role which defined their career and this is an opportunity to do exactly that. You are already very successful in sales, marketing and channel management. This opportunity has the potential to be life changing, lucrative and career defining, but only for an individual of the highest calibre.
Our client is an innovative private equity backed manufacturer of niche, high value premium consumer products sold globally. The market dynamics are favourable for our client; they are part of a fast growing market with an addressable international market approaching £1bn; they have a highly scalable manufacturing operation which can deliver the output required to support the sales growth and they have several products which are already disrupting the market.
The opportunity is to lead our client into the future with innovative sales and marketing programs which will recruit the best channel business partners internationally. You will be working with and be a key member of a management team to focus on the game changing strategies. This is truly a long term career opportunity for an exceptional candidate.
The role of Chief Customer Officer (CCO) is a new role within the business and will report directly to the CEO. The CCO will be responsible for the following:
- Ultimate responsibility for achieving all sales targets set by the Board
- Define and lead the entire sales and marketing strategy
- Devise and deliver the channel sales and dealer network strategy and the routes to market
- Be a leading figure with customers, at conferences and any other sales and marketing opportunities
- Devising and executing new business and account management strategies
- Drive thought leadership around new product development
- Developing the marketing and marcoms proposition
- Creating a clear product pricing structure for the sales team to adhere to
- Providing clear and concise communication of sales performance to the board
- Managing, motivating and incentivising the sales and marketing teams
- Improving the capability within the sales team via coaching, performance objectives and development
- Hiring high performing sales and marketing executives when required
- Refining the sales and marketing function throughout the investment lifecycle
- Managing internal and external sales teams
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Exemplary track record as a Chief Customer Officer or a Sales and Marketing Director in a highly successful, disruptive business
- Experience of devising an innovative sales and marketing strategy and successfully executing it
- Succeeded in business where high rates of transformational change are required.
- Significantly grown revenue and profitability, creating shareholder value
- Developing both new business and key accounts
- Significant experience of selling through a channel
- Extremely intelligent and able to see opportunities where others can’t
- Inspirational leadership. An ability to motivate high performing teams
- A collegiate style who can lead from the front but also work as part of a team
- Significant marketing experience
- A proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
- A self-starter who has been successful in a SME.
- International experience
The candidate is likely to come from a business which sells heavily through the channel or a dealer network in one of the following sectors:
- Disruptive manufacturing businesses
- Innovative Industrial products
- High growth Technology / Telecoms product businesses
- High growth Medical Products businesses
The role will be based in Yorkshire with frequent national and international travel.
This is an equity opportunity to make a significant seven figure sum in the first investment lifecycle alone, with the possibility of even larger sums in future cycles. There will also be a competitive package including base, bonus and benefits.
Apply for Chief Customer Officer / Sales & Marketing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly