Our client is a rapidly expanding London based market leader in digital animation to the global pharmaceutical and wider healthcare industry. Following recent private equity backing, our client is now searching for an exceptional Sales Director who will lead all commercial activities of the business globally. This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth, progressive digital business at the forefront of its industry and to share in the value you create. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a stellar track record in the Digital, Technology, Communications or Pharmaceutical sectors. Only candidates who can demonstrate recent success and an ascending career need apply.
Our client produces complex, scientific animations to assist pharmaceutical and biotech companies in their interaction with and communication to a wide range of stakeholders.
The company works directly with 23 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies worldwide and has relationships across Europe, the US and Asia. There has also been an increase in projects from biotech businesses too which now equates to 15% of revenues.
Our client employs 60 people, is highly profitable and is achieving significant double digit growth. It is headquartered in Central London and has operations globally with around 70% of their revenue coming from the US. As the medical animation industry continues to evolve and grow at double digit rates, our client aims to continue to be at the forefront of this growth globally.
Requirement for a Sales Director
As our client continues its impressive growth curve, there is now a requirement for an inspirational Sales Director who will lead the overall sales and marketing function, combining both new business and account management, and aligning the organisation with customer needs.
With 23 of the top 25 largest global pharmaceutical companies as clients, there is a vast amount of potential growth from within these accounts as well as from other adjacent industries such as biotech, veterinary and medical devices. The Sales Director will be tasked with ensuring that our client remains at the forefront of this future growth and will lead the sales function through significant double-digit growth over the course of the next few years.
The role of Sales Director will be a new role for the business and while this role is considered a senior role (with a reporting line directly to the CEO), the successful candidate will be prepared to roll their sleeves up.
The Sales Director will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Ultimate responsibility for achieving all sales targets set by the Board;
- Devising and executing the new business and account management strategy;
- Continually improving the account management function to maximise cross selling in large accounts;
- Personally carrying a sales quota and will enjoy doing so;
- Managing, motivating and incentivising the sales and marketing team (currently 10 people);
- Hiring high performing sales and marketing executives when required;
- Developing the marketing and marcom proposition, including targeted email campaigns;
- Providing clear and concise communication of sales performance to the board;
- Improving the capability within the sales team via coaching, leadership performance objectives and development;
- Refining the sales and marketing function as the business grows;
- Travelling both nationally and internationally to client sites as and when required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience as a Sales Director or Commercial Director, in a fast-growing professional services, tech enabled services, pharma, agency, or technology company;
- Experience of devising a multi-faceted sales strategy and successfully executing it;
- Knowledge of best practice B2B sales and marketing systems, processes and approaches including effective KPI management;
- Can work effectively in a small, fast-growing business, with limited resource;
- Able to conduct research, market and competitive analysis to help determine where the business should focus its sales effort;
- Recently delivered team target of £10m+ with growth rate of over 20%;
- Experience of working in a high-volume sales function, with the ability to and track record of winning substantial new projects in excess of $150k;
- Proven success in creating and developing new sales channels;
- A proven ability to sell in both the UK and overseas (particularly in the US);
- Can open new sales verticals for the business;
- Identify and maximise the opportunity of conferences and industry events;
- Help optimise the business’ Salesforce CRM platform to increase sales and improve efficiency;
- Inspirational leadership and ability to lead by example;
- A proactive and entrepreneurial attitude;
- A self-starter who doesn’t rely on large teams and a global brand to open doors.
Preferred additional experience:
- An understanding of / interest in the life sciences and Animation industries;
- Experience or knowledge of selling to the educational market;
- Understanding of new technologies such as VR and AR.
More searches like this
- Creative Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Digital Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Pharmaceutical Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Healthcare Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Technology Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Greater)