- £20,000 per annum
RSSB –Non-Industry NED
Location – London
Director’s fee - £20,000 per annum
Time commitment – up to 18 days per year for 2 years (with option to extend)
RSSB is a membership organisation which works across the whole rail system, facilitating cross industry collaboration and enabling informed decisions. Working at the heart of the rail industry, RSSB provides the whole rail industry with the insight, analysis and support it needs to deliver a safe, sustainable and effective railway today and in the future.
As a not for profit company limited by guarantee, RSSB has a membership comprising Network Rail, and all train operating companies together with industry suppliers and contractors. RSSB supports its members to achieve their objectives, particularly in regard to efficiency and safety; it is also sometimes asked to provide advice to Government and regulators.
RSSB’s board includes an Executive Director (CEO) and Non-Executive Directors from within and outside the rail industry. The role of the Non-Industry Non-Executive Director (NINED) is to contribute independent perspectives, working with the rest of the Board to provide strategic direction and leadership on organisation wide issues, overseeing RSSB’s future direction and delivery of RSSB’s strategy and business plan.
The role includes supporting RSSB’s Executive through providing advice and constructive challenge, encouraging a culture of innovation and a strong sense of accountability. Acting as an ambassador, the NINED will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the needs of RSSB’s members are being met.
The new NINED will contribute specific expertise and knowledge relating to strategic financial management and will chair the Audit and Risk Committee.
Suitable candidates will hold strong experience of working effectively as a Non-Executive Director and specific experience sitting on or chairing an Audit and Risk Committee.
Key attributes include:
- A proven ability to shape strategy and make informed strategic business and financial decisions of major importance with possible legal and financial consequences
- Strategic financial understanding including strong financial literacy
- A strong grasp of corporate governance and recent developments therein
- A highly credible ambassador with strong personal reputation amongst relevant peers at the most senior level
- Experience of non-rail regulated industries
Desirable experience includes:
- Board-level experience within a membership organisation or trade association
- Experience of working in/or with a standards authority
Please apply with your CV and current salary details, quoting reference number IDBB5850. You can also email Iain Brockbank from Warren Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively telephone +44 (0) 845 261 0600
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Warren Partners.