Parkinson Lee Executive Search, part of the Elevation Recruitment Group, is acting as retained partner to a Private Equity backed £100M+ turnover Manufacturing organisation, in the appointment of a Financial Controller.
Our client is an ambitious, fast paced organisation with strong instantly recognisable consumer brands.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this is a high profile appointment as the Financial Controller will not only lead the finance team but also work closely with the Senior Leadership team.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate reporting to the Group; including all external reporting, and internal weekly/monthly reporting
- Driving continuous improvement to speed up and streamline the month end processes
- Leading year-end audit, and be a key contact with the auditors to ensure a clean audit
- Leading tax initiatives for the group and maximise relief for the group
- Accurate cash flow forecasting; working with customers to maximise receipts and working closely with the business to manage cash outflows
- Leading group treasury, including day to day cash management, foreign exchange management & bank third party reporting. Managing the group's exposure to foreign exchange risk
- Working closely with credit insurers to ensure the business keeps a strong cover in place
- The central finance team, circa 15.
- Business partnering across peer group and the wider business with the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships
- AP/AR - ensuring effective systems are in place and supplier payments are made in an accurate and timely manner
- Developing and reporting departmental KPIs
- Managing group capital allocation, ensuring robust process are in place and items treated in accordance with relevant accounting standards
The successful candidate will be/have:
- A qualified ACA Accountant - ideally Top 10, but will consider applicants who have qualified in smaller practices.
- Experience working for a manufacturing organisation; ideally a fast paced organisation
- Previous experience working at Controller (or equivalent) level
- A proven track record in leadership with a natural ability to inspire and motivate a finance function.
- An ambassador for best practice, someone who keeps abreast of updates to professional standards and legislative changes.
- A demonstrable background in Financial Controls; ensuring all month end processes run effectively and that all reconciliations are performed monthly to a high standard
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Strong business partnering skills across key stakeholders at all levels of a business
This is an outstanding, career defining opportunity in which you will play a key role within the successful growth and future exit for the PE House. Working with stakeholders both internally and externally, this role will have a direct impact in the success of the business.
You will be a highly driven and ambitious finance professional who derives satisfaction from robust controls and processes. Your leadership qualities, assertive, considered and considerate, will be key to providing direction to the finance function and ensuring that you are a strong business partner.
This role is based in West Yorkshire.
If you are ready to take on a key, leadership role in a premium brand organisation, then please get in contact with Vicki Banks at Parkinson Lee on 01709 303330 or click "Apply".