We are NATO's technology and cyber arm. Our mission is to connect Forces, Nations and Allied Nations 24/7. In today's climate we are developing stronger tools to counter cyber and hybrid attacks to protect NATO's 1 billion citizens.
Our Financial Controller leads the financial management, accounting and control of all our IT activities for NATO's Communication and Information Agency.
The role has responsibility for multi-year, multi-billion Euro financial planning, financial management of programmes of work and contractual arrangements with sponsors and customers.
As our Finance Director you will provide financial transparency and accountability to our stakeholders and guidance to the organisation as it operates under a Customer Funding Regulatory Framework within an international public sector environment. As a member of our executive leadership team, you will represent the Agency in NATO Committees, Steering Groups and Boards on all matters of financial management and control.
A university degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Accounting, and Finance) equivalent to a Master’s. Exceptionally, the lack of a Master’s degree may be compensated by a lower academic qualification combined with the demonstration of particular abilities or experience relevant to this post.
In addition to extensive relevant experience at a senior leadership and management level, your experience should ideally include:
- Demonstrable skills and extensive experience in areas such as controllership, financial management, accounting and/or auditing, including knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in a Customer Funded and/or business orientated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as an integral member of an executive level management team charged with developing and implementing strategic and financial plans and policies
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, project management processes, procedures and tools
- Knowledge of operating within a shared services environment
- Sufficient management awareness to know when advice from other subject matter experts is essential to protect the Agency or to mitigate risk
- Knowledge of procurement processes and procedures and the support aspects of integrated logistics support, and cost estimating risk analysis
- Proven leadership of teams and management of staff
- Proven ability to communicate orally and in writing in English, with experience of French an advantage
In return we offer a compelling and challenging assignment for a unique IT civilian and military staffed organisation, based in Brussels, Belgium, and with travel to offices in 15 other countries in Europe and North America.
A tax free salary package, plus relocation (if eligible), pension and healthcare is offered.