Platform Engineering Outbound Project Manager
Platform Engineering Outbound Product Manager
- Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Provide education to leaders across the company on managing application in cloud environments and how to effectively use cloud resources and services.
- Serve as the interface between the user community and key customers and the Engineering Product Manager; collecting feedback from end users, communicating key releases, leading education sessions to user, and ensuring an open and engaged community
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Develop and execute both an internal and external communications strategy for marketing your products.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to make decisions about product strategy.
- Works with the Engineering Product Manager to translate user feedback and requirements into features mapped into the product/platform roadmap
- Works with the Engineering Product Manager in interfacing with key partners and service providers (network, storage, etc ) to manage the life cycle of the platform
- Manages all outbound communications and marketing to the user community and the different business units
- 5+ years relevant new product or technology development experience.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
- Understanding of IT financial analysis and showback/chargeback; particularly in analysis of unit costs and billing for end users
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team with proven experience in data-driven decision making
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs.
- Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Strong understanding and experience in working with cloud services - infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, software as a service
- Strong communication skills; experience in building and managing a strong user community around a technology platform or service