Head of Compliance
Head of Compliance - Edinburgh
Salary circa. ??72,000 - ??99,000 + Excellent Benefits
Sanderson recruitment is currently recruiting a Head of Compliance Advisory to take up a permanent position with their financial service client in Edinburgh.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Compliance Director in leading, designing and executing the organisations advisory strategy.
- Inspiring and leading an engaged team who provide proactive, accurate advice and guidance on all regulation/regulatory approach and best practice.
- Maintaining and improving the UK Regulators' view of the organisation
- Reporting of all Conduct and Compliance concerns to Executive Committees and Board.
- Influencing key stakeholders across the business and at all levels. Contributing to the general management of the business through membership of relevant committees.
- Pro-actively lobbying regulatory authorities, acting as an ambassador for the Bank both individually and also as a participant preparing and presenting reports or presentations on key compliance issues to relevant bodies and at appropriate forums.
- Leading submission to regulatory reviews and thematics, working across the business areas to deliver high quality responses and suggestions for change.
- Being an integral part of Compliance and the wider Risk team to drive change and continuous improvement, being a role model for colleagues and help shape the future agenda of the department.
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with senior leaders across the Bank, challenging processes, procedures and controls to ensure risk is managed within agreed appetite or exceptions to this are clearly identified/reported through business governance.
- Acting as a trusted partner to the business, providing ad-hoc support, and guidance to business decisions on risk management, including control enhancements.
- Managing a team of Compliance specialists supporting a proactive engagement model across the business.
- Ensuring the risks associated with the work of my team are understood, mitigated and escalated where necessary.
- The successful candidate will be a recognised compliance professional with experience of operating at an Executive & Senior Management level.
- Risk oversight expertise.
- Good knowledge of the key relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- In depth knowledge of the practical and technical aspects of retail banking products and/or the broader financial services sector.
- Experience of engaging with and managing senior stakeholders across a business.
- Proven track record of working in financial services organisations ideally within audit, assurance or risk management or equivalent functions.
- Proven experience of leading successful teams and working across functions.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Articulate and able to influence senior management/Executives to deliver clear outcomes.
If you feel that this opportunity is the right one for you then please apply now for a full job spec and to discuss further.