Finance Director Designate
- Broad role in a business that wants you to make an impact and progress
- Opportunity to work in a business looking to improve and grow
About Our Client
Spooner Industries are a long standing privately owned business that have just celebrated their 85th Anniversary.
From their purpose built head office in Ilkley they supply industrial ovens, dryers and coolers to businesses around the world for processes including baking bread, converting non-woven materials, drying coated paper and curing painted metal strip.
The business is well known in its industry for having a passion for innovation and this is in evidence with the continuous research and development of new products in the pilot facility within the new factory.
With Spooner's operations becoming more complex and spread in nature both in size and geographically, a Finance Director Designate is required to work with the existing Finance Director and play a key role in maximising the long term profitability of the business through delivery of a defined business plan.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Active input in to and delivery of company strategy, direction and its business plan.
- Advise the Board on financial implications of their plans for growth and development and company performance metrics.
- Analysis and forecasting of performance - Identifying key factors influencing business performance and developing measures and initiatives to help drive improvement.
- Advise the Directors on costing, pricing and the commercial terms of new contracts.
- Make sure that projects are closely financially managed to be delivered on time and on budget.
Ensure an effective structure and high performing people are in place to handle all financial operations, including:
- Month end reports to the Board
- Payroll and personnel financials
- Smooth and correct invoicing and supplier payment
- Export administration to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Company Secretarial duties
The Successful Applicant
For a role of such importance as Finance Director Designate, it is reserved for ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountants ideally with the relevant background to have:
- Excellent commercial and business experience in a technical/engineering/manufacturing company.
- Strong project accounting experience ideally in a business trading both in the UK and overseas.
- Costing and pricing in a project based goods business.
As well as having the required financial and commercial experience to be successful in the role you will also crucially have the right personality and characteristics. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of the following:
- An enquiring mind and a passion for excellence.
- A strong relationship builder across a range of stakeholders at all levels in the business.
- Being 'hands-on' and engaged in how you work across the business to help deliver profitable growth.
- An ability to be innovative in finding solutions to problems and able to explain them in a clear and evidenced way.
This role will very likely suit someone who is looking for their first FD role, having had a successful SME career to date in Financial Controller or Finance Manager positions, or having worked in FC or FM roles in a division of a larger business.
What's on Offer
Required Package to attract the best
Ref Code: MPFE13853867Z