4 days left
- A newly created Cost Accountant role with Kudos Showers in Holme.
- Great opportunity to join an ambitious, well-established Cumbria business.
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance is proud to be partnering with Kudos Showers, based in the beautiful Cumbrian village of Holme. A privately owned organisation with a dedication to quality and innovation, our client has been designing and manufacturing shower doors and enclosures since 1999.
With two fantastic manufacturing facilities in Cumbria, Kudos Showers are able to offer a unique, customer-orientated service with each product made to deliver the highest functionality, performance and value. As a proud Cumbrian employer, Kudos Showers can boast to the fact that all of their stunning products are hand-built in the heart of the Lake District - one of the few remaining bathroom companies committed to manufacturing in the UK.
Kudos Showers are a profitable, successful company with an entrepreneurial mind-set and culture; the business welcomes individuals who are loyal, pragmatic team players with a passion for driving the organisation forwards.
If you are an experienced Cost Accountant looking to join a thriving, fast paced business as they enter an exciting new chapter in their history, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
The main remit of this Cost Accountant position with Kudos Showers will be:
- To embark upon a re-evaluation of the current costing processes throughout the business
- Utilise standard product costing techniques to quickly establish where the business is making money
- Fully investigate the Bill of Materials
- Review and develop more thorough processes and controls relating to production and inventory
- Prepare an in depth analysis of production and spend variances
- Monthly WIP and inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved accurately
- Review and maintain the standard costing system
- Supporting in the preparation of the annual manufacturing budget
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Building productive working relationships with colleagues on the shop floor, as well as senior stakeholders to add value and drive performance
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Cost Accountant position based in Holme, Cumbria will be:
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant, or qualified by experience with extensive experience of cost accounting within the manufacturing industry
- Able to demonstrate an ability to quickly add value within a manufacturing organisation
- A confident communicator, able to challenge established norms and improve current processes in an efficient, yet diplomatic manner
- A proven Cost Accountant with considerable experience of working in a similar role in a fast paced, hands on environment
- A logical, capable accountant with experience of standard costings, bill of materials, and inventory management
- A loyal, dedicated accountant looking for a new challenge in a successful business
What's on Offer
Michael Page is working in close partnership with Kudos Showers to recruit for this Cost Accountant role with a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000.
Ref Code: MPFE13914570Z
Apply for Cost Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly