Interim Treasury Accountant
Partner Financial are working with a Global Services Business based in Surrey who currently undergoing a period of change and transformation across all functions, including finance. The company have been a leader in their field due to their focus on the customer, continuing to develop their service offerings and perpetuate their already strong brand.
The Group Treasury Lead is seeking the support of an experienced Treasury Accountant to provide all accounting and disclosure information for all group operations. This is a pivotal role in ensuring data is accurate, timely, relevant and both operational and financial controls are adhered to and developed accordingly. A key technical aspect will be preparing and reporting of financial instruments and the various associated accounting standards.
- Preparing monthly market to market calculations of all instruments and monthly IAS39/IFRS 9 entries;
- Managing regular effectiveness testing of derivative instruments and maintain details of these in the application;
- Supporting the month-end close with processing, review and upload of treasury journals, and review of Group and Country data in the consolidations system as part of this closure;
- Creating and reconciling regular debt and interest reports and supporting with monthly group forex exposure and tax matching;
- Preparing disclosures and schedules for interim and annual reports;
- Implementation and monitoring of currency accounting policies across the group;
- Advise, implement and drive group treasury policy and compliance agenda;
- Be a lead user of the consolidation systems to support with queries and develop processes, data and training
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified accountant with a number of years’ experience in industry (ACT would be a desirable addition)
- Experience at a senior treasury accounting role would be desirable
- Strong Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, and general systems management skills.
- Strong knowledge of IAS 21, IAS 32, IAS 39, IFRS 7, IFRS 9, IFRS 13
- Target driven with the ability to manage workload, take ownership and deliver high calibre work autonomously;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to present to the Executive Team;
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual that works smart and delivers fast.
I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 48 hours of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.