Our client, a highly successful private venture capital firm based in South West London is looking for a qualified Financial Controller to support the firm and its portfolio of investments. This newly created role will be the finance lead for the firm, reporting directly to the Founder.
As Financial Controller, you will have the opportunity to make this role your own. You will be driven, ambitious and someone who thrives when given the opportunity to take ownership for key relationships both internally and externally.
You will be naturally inquisitive, and looking to work for a firm where you will have wide ranging exposure. As Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the finance for the VC firm, alongside investor reporting, tax analysis, portfolio valuations and due diligence on prospect companies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing the investor reporting and maintaining detailed portfolio valuations for the Investors
- Proposing new solutions that enable best use of UK-based tax structures including EIS, corporate structures and entrepreneurs relief
- Supporting companies within the portfolio with the reporting framework
- Monitoring the on-going tax position of transactions within the advisory portfolio
- Undertaking pre transaction tax analysis and due diligence
- Liaising with the external tax advisors, portfolio companies and prospect companies
- Reviewing statutory accounts of the holding companies and portfolio companies
- Preparing quarterly management reports, monthly cashflow, annual budgets and 5 year plans, whilst overseeing the internal bookkeeping for the firm
- Liaising with the external accountants, to prepare the year-end statutory accounts for the firm
Skills and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant with experience in Trusts, PE Funds, Banking or Wealth Management
- Knowledge of international tax, trusts and corporate, fund and offshore structuring
- Ability to identify and drive efficiencies and process improvements
- Excel proficient and experience in implementing new accounting systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Interested candidates should send their CV to Jane Knight, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.