Head of Web Development - C# Lead
***Head of Web Development. C# Lead. ¦ £60k-£70k***
One of the UK's most established and prestigious institutions is in need of a Development Manager/Technical lead to head up a company-wide IT digital transformation.
This role would suit an established and ambitious senior developer / team lead / architect looking to combine hands-on development with overall technical delivery responsibilities.
The company is in the initial stages of a robust IT digital project that will lay the foundations for embedding the company's capabilities to optimise and enhance their new digital web based platforms.
This is an exciting time to join the 20+ strong team which is looking to expand to over 150 over the next 2 years. Where you will be working closely with the website Product Owners and Senior Business Analysts, whilst playing a key role as the go-to point for the technology delivery.
With sites all across the UK the company is one of the UK's most established and prestigious institutions. Having had their IT function outsourced for over 15 years, they have recently brought it back in house and are embarking on a company-wide transformation plan that will completely change the way in which they do business here in the UK and abroad.
IT is an area which they are growing exponentially and are at the initial stages of creating a digital innovation centre in the heart of London's tech hub.
The opportunity is there to join them at the start of their journey with career prospects both from a technical and professional perspective are limitless.
The Technical Lead role will lead the Digital development function, where you will be expected to make technical decisions on strategy along with hands-on software development. You will responsible for the technical delivery from the internal development team.
- You will lead a team of technologists comprising of: Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts and UI Developers.
- You will be expected to architect and build digital solutions, leveraging existing CMS and Multi-channel communication tool to best effect.
- Producing technical specifications, development plans and standards/process documentation
- Ensuring all third-party development conforms to organisation best-practice and quality standards
- Managing relationships with developers and digital teams across the buisness to ensure close working practices and productive processes
- Develop and motivate a dynamic development and quality assurance team including holding regular 121s, setting annual objectives, and supporting individuals to achieve their full potential
- Act as scrum master on rotation with team members to facilitate smooth sprint working, and identify improvements to scrum practice
- Get hands-on, providing technical direction and/or problem solving to support the team
- Deep knowledge of .NET/C# development, in particular ASP.NET, MVC and common data abstraction techniques SQL Server
- Knowledge of modern web and software development methodologies and toolsets
- Knowledge of distributed source control such as GitHub
- Significant experience of web development in for high volume transactional sites
- Experience of architecting and implementing at least one enterprise level CMS
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience of line managing a small team, adopting a coaching approach and empowering individuals
This a great role for an experienced technical lead looking to take the next step up in their career.
CV's under review now!