Contract Services Manager
REPIC is the largest not for profit Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) producer compliance scheme in the UK. Its WEEE members represent approximately half by weight of all electrical and electronic products sold in the UK every year providing compliance solutions to companies all over the UK under the WEEE, Waste Batteries & Accumulators and Packaging Regulations. Its compliance members benefit from REPIC’s expertise and guidance in these often-complicated fields of producer responsibility legislation providing its members with compliance solutions through services provided to local authority partners, waste companies, retailers, charities, re-use organisations and treatment partners. For more information, please visit www.repic.co.uk
As the organisation grows its structure is being developed to deliver more effective processes and commercial management. Reporting into REPIC’s Procurement Director, the Contract Services Manager is a newly created senior role, reflecting the speed at which the organisation is changing. Creating a more appropriate reporting structure, the jobholder will manage direct reports comprising a small team of Regional Account Managers who interface primarily with the waste management companies and a small central administration team.
Key areas of focus for the jobholder will be:
- Responsibility for the procurement and delivery of cost effective transport and treatment services that meet customer and stakeholder service specification requirements
- Ensuring up to date and relevant contractual documentation is maintained for all suppliers and customers
- Responsibility for gathering market intelligence and ensuring there are contingent plans in place to ensure a solution to all WEEE output
- Managing service provider performance and management of WEEE member collection arrangements
- Identification of potential new collection sources and managing internal communication of these
- Ensuring the effective and robust communication of service arrangements and pricing, including changes thereto, within the REPIC business
- Project management and the ability to contribute to work on business wide improvement opportunities
It is key that the successful candidate has a good understanding of the sector, as well as of the procurement process, and is tuned into the sensitive and changing nature of external stakeholder relationships. As a result of this, it is likely that the successful individual will come from the waste management, or third-party logistics sector.
This is a key appointment for the company’s senior management team, in an organisation which is experiencing growth and change. The role will be based at the Company’s premises in Bury although the jobholder will be expected to travel extensively in support of the role.