Commercial Analytics Manager
Axon Moore is exclusively representing a global e-commerce business based in central Manchester in a search to appoint a Commercial Analytics Manager for a new start-up platform with huge growth potential.
The platform has not yet been launched but there has already been significant investment in development and with a global customer base provided by the parent company there will be a need to understand customer behaviour and experience to deliver commercial benefit as the business rapidly scales. The business has a relaxed and dynamic culture that is flexible, but results driven.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a passion for new technology and digital trends to produce valuable commercial insights, using analytics tools and data-mining techniques. This leadership role will initially be hands-on but with an immediate remit to hire a team of analysts, will quickly become more strategically focused.
- Thought leadership from a data/analytical standpoint, influencing strategy
- Research, develop and drive useful metrics throughout the business
- Research and advocate new methods/tools & ways of working
- Produce core insights from multiple data sources, focusing on commercial opportunity
- Create and implement fundamental improvements to business performance
- Use a selection of analytics tools to evaluate and optimise performance
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the wider business
- Manage and mentor a team of data analysts, all focusing on different areas
- Proven experience as a thought leader with the ability to engage and inspire others through data
- The ability to deliver accurate, relevant and timely information, based on solid research.
- Proven experience in a management/mentoring role
- Commercial awareness, linking customer behaviours to business benefit
- Strong communication and presentation skills, capable of working with colleagues throughout the organisation, whatever their discipline or seniority
- Data-mining and analytical skills
- A good knowledge of statistical methods and data/web analysis software. Including a solid understanding of SQL and familiarity with Google Analytics.
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about the business, opportunity and role then please submit an application or call Steve Gillan at Axon Moore.