Divisional Business Manager
London law firm seek support for divisional managing partners in managing their departments both operationally and strategically, implementing business plans. You will manage the operational running of the department to enable partners and fee earners to focus on business development, client service and fee earning.
As Divisional Business Manager you will play a leading role in designing and embedding cultural and structural change initiatives. This role is integral to divisional managing partners running profitable departments and thereby contributing to the delivery of the firm’s overall objectives.
- Work closely with the Business Analyst to drive the development and review of the department's budgets, forecasts and business plans. Ensure people understand their roles in delivering the business plan.
- Provide business analysis and benchmarking of the department’s performance against its peers and competitors, identifying business trends and making recommendations to improve business performance
- Monitor individual and group utilisation, managing underperformance where necessary
- Work closely with HR on any business case for recruitment and promotions of both employees and new partners
- You will assist Team Heads with working capital management, working with partners on resolution of significant issues.
- Assist partners with pricing proposals
- Oversee the annual budgeting and reforecasting processes in conjunction with partners, business manager and finance.
- In-depth understanding of how partners and fee-earners work both day-to-day and in relation to developing client relationships
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify the root causes of any issues
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally
- Experience in a similar role in a law firm essential