Chief Commercial Officer
Exceptional opportunity for a highly-commercial, sales-oriented Commercial Director to join a £2bn+ B2B organisation in a recently established role.
Reporting to the CEO, your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Leading the Commercial team, with full P&L accountability, supported by a large scale, geographically diverse sales & marketing team (1000+)
- Creating and delivering highly profitable customer retention and customer acquisition strategies
- Enhancing the entire customer journey and service proposition, including the delivery of a digital strategy
- Supporting the wider business agenda, working in a truly collegiate manner, to help ensure the Board and wider leadership team achieves the challenging short-medium term sales and EBITDA targets, whilst also delivering the necessary change agenda that ensures the organisation maintains its market-leading position moving forward
Whilst the remit of this role is both strategic and operational in nature, above all else this is a leadership position suitable for a highly talented executive with genuine breadth to their experience, significant gravitas and charisma, an exceptional academic pedigree and with the clear potential to progress to a CEO.
Suitable individuals will have a demonstrable track record of sales leadership, commercial negotiation, business transformation and will have previous Board level experience, at least some of which will have been within a large and operationally complex business.
Whilst this is primarily a B2B opportunity, some previous B2C experience is also required. The ideal individual is likely to have some experience of leading a sales & marketing team within a large, blue chip environment and will also have some broader commercial experience gained from working in a smaller, more entrepreneurial environment.
Previous experience of leading sales and commercial negotiations across a hugely diverse customer base will be extremely relevant, as will an understanding of how to enhance the wider B2B customer journey across the entire sales and service agenda.
Essential experience involves:
- Proven leadership success in a large scale, complex B2B environment with P&L responsibility
- Sales leadership of a broad team (500 FTE's minimum), covering field sales, contact centres and 'national accounts'
- Previous accountability for marketing, proposition development, pricing etc.
- Demonstrable track record of trading/commercial success - not just Sales
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of delivering successful business transformation
This role will suit a gregarious, high-energy, people-focused leader with the presence and gravitas to inspire a large team, influence across your peer group, provide a compelling customer proposition and deliver a material transformation of a 'trading' business.
Apply for Chief Commercial Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly