Head of Logistics
This is a great opportunity to develop and grow a logistics operation for industrial manufacturer based in Stoke On Trent. A competitive salary with a great package is available for the right candidate.
The client is a large industrial manufacturer based in Stoke On Trent. Who prides itself on providing excellent, performance, reliability, and environmentally compliant products.
- This client is looking to expand their current logistics operation and already have a keen infrastructure in they are looking for someone to take this into the next level.
- As head of logistics your job is to provide the leadership and structure to ensure that every day our client's customers get the product in the right place at the right time.
- Develop accounts with current customers and well as developing new accounts for the business
- Lead and Manage supply chain (manufacturer to customer) through procurement, warehouse, planning, internal logistics and customers, achieving local targets in each of the areas
- Responsible for health and safety, logistic, productivity and cost to coordinate action plans to achieve results
- Focused on improvements of business results and moving towards opportunities, seizing changes to increase profit and revenue. P&L result analysis, identify Gross Margin improvement opportunities.
- Team Leadership focusing, aligning and building effective groups for positive impact on business performance through collaboration and participation between the different departments
- Responsible to support implementation of company policies of Human Resources, Health & Safety management system, Integrated Management System IMS, adopting the necessary measures for its effective execution
The successful head of Logistics:
- Ideally for a 3PL background
- Be commercial and have experience in business growth and developing customer relationships
- You will be will be adaptable, professional and ambitious, having experience of organising and leading a team
- Have expertise and knowledge in next day logistics
- Proven success in operating within budgetary requirements whilst achieving and exceeding customer expectations
- Good communication skills at all levels
- IT Literate - Minimum of basic office packages
- Ideally have a national CPC qualification
- Knowledge of high standard industry sectors and principles
A competitive salary is available for the right candidate with an excellent package structure.