Head of Planning
Head of Planning
I'm working on a great role with a FTSE100 bank who is looking for a qualified accountant with extensive PQ experience in FS and Banking to join their business as Head of Planning. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and forward thinking driven individual looking to make a mark with this business. The successful candidate will have solid planning experience and Modelling experience will be seen very favorably.
- The Head of Planning role is situated within our Global Commercial Banking Business Finance team. The role holder will support the team in leading and developing the global Planning process, evaluation, analysis and reporting for CMB. This includes the AOP, Country Strategic Plans, Target Setting, Forecasting and Budgeting. In addition, the role will support Stress Testing in the wider team, including sharing best practice and alignment with Planning.
- The role includes day-to-day interaction with senior management within Global CMB Finance, the CMB business (including members of CMB ExCo), Group and Regional Finance teams. It will include regular interaction with the Global and Regional CFOs teams within CMB as well as the broad range of Global MI teams within Business Finance. The role will be London based.
- The role is looking for someone that can drive change in our Planning processes, enhance commercial analysis and insight, and brief senior management on the impact of this output. The role will provide direction for 2 individuals based in the GFC in Hyderabad.
- The role requires significant change delivery skills to drive the change agenda, strong commercial acumen and involves constantly working with both financial and non-financial information.
- As a headquarters role, it requires the individual to be a strong communicator and able to work with teams Globally.
Impact on Business
- Lead and driven change in our Planning processes globally; including responsible for designing 'best in class' framework and strong stakeholder engagement.
- Delivery of planning financial papers presented to CMB ExCo.and Group Management Board.
- Evaluation and analysis: this role will provide critical Finance support to Global ExCo agenda of setting a robust AOP, driving higher returns and liaising with Group Strategy. This includes analysis for SBO, evaluating Country Strategic Plans and Target Setting. Included in this will be managing and delivering any updates to Global CMB ExCo.
- Support Stress Testing and share best practice processes, driving efficiencies where possible.
- Plan and manage ad-hoc requests and queries raised by senior management to ensure relevant and timely response.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Liaise with CFO CMB, CMB Strategy team, CMB Finance regional / Product leads and Regional Finance CFOs and Planning leads to support deliverables and develop required analysis.
- Support Group Head of Business Performance and associated management team in delivering CMB planning and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Work with Group Business Finance teams to align processes and procedures for the benefit of all sites/regions/businesses.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- As this role has exposure to senior management the preferred candidate will have an extensive experience.
- Must have demonstrated extensive experience of working with Senior Management (ideally both within Finance and within Business).
- Have either an internationally recognised accountancy or finance qualification or MBA. Must have attended a top educational institution.
- In-depth planning & financial analysis experience, including a strong understanding of business issues and drivers of business performance.
- Strong financial services knowledge preferred (knowledge of banking would be an advantage).
- Excellent presentation and analytical skill set with a commercial mindset and customer focused.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to drive and influence change across a global network.
- Ability to prioritise and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment.
- Team player due to inherent dependency upon other areas of Group Management Office and Regional Finance.
- Time management - ensure that all deadlines are met on time without sacrificing quality of information.
- Strong IT skills is an advantage.