Health & Safety Director
My key client is a large manufacturing company with a global name. The business is now looking to recruit a Health & Safety Director to be actively involved in the continuous improvement of the Company Health Safety and Environmental Management Systems and facilitate audits and inspections from third parties, including those associated with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
Based in Derby my client is proud to be part of a world wide corporation. This global company has presence in over 20 countries with national sales companies, and exports to more than 60 states. In its core business of technologies the company is the second-largest European manufacturer in this sector.
As the Health & Safety Director you will work closely with the site leadership team to develop and implement policies and procedures that work towards eliminating serious accidents and reduction in minor accidents. You will also be responsible for delivering all safety training and inductions. Some facilities management may be required with this position including office buildings and timely communications with key interfaces, to ensure all facilities procedures are being executed fully and accurately.
The main areas of responsibilities include:
- To be actively involved in the continuous improvement of the Company Health Safety and Environmental Management strategy.
- To facilitate audits and inspections from third parties, including those associated with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation across all manufacturing sites.
- To monitor compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation, codes of practice and approved safe working methods.
- To identify safety training needs, develop and maintain a training programme for all employees and carry out safety training as required.
- To encourage employee participation through safety suggestions, safety meeting feedback and safety incentives.
- To audit work areas, premises, processes and activities, reporting deficiencies for action and monitor follow-up actions, including suppliers.
- To develop, review and update safety action plans, and ensure that people have acknowledged acceptance of their allocated responsibilities.
- To assess the capabilities and monitor the safety performance of suppliers.
- To collate relevant information and statistics on HSE performance and to present the information in a format of a formal report to the business.
- To maintain and implement an effective process of structured internal audit of activities against the company management systems and arrangements.
- Assist the Business Development and Proposals Team with information applicable to Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Manage the company's obligations under the CDM Regulations.
- Work closely with the property management team to assist in the financial management of the property and report any occupier issues that need to be addressed.
To apply for this Health & Safety Director position with the global manufacturing company you will have the ability to communicate at all levels and possess excellent written and verbal communications.
The successful candidate will have:
- Health and Safety diploma, NEBOSH or equivalent qualification - Degree would be advantageous but not essential.
- An extensive experience within a manufacturing / production environment.
- Extensive knowledge of HSE and other legislative requirements.
- Have proven training and coaching skills and a lead from the front mentality.
- Have strong time management skills to balance responsibilities.
Please click on Apply for salary information.