Head of Operations
- Head of Operations Managing a team of 20 including warehouse and Transport staff members.
- Family Run Food service business based in Swindon
A Family owned Food Service Business with Ambitious Growth Plans is looking to recruit a Head of Operations to manage a team of 20 within the Logistics distribution and supply chain sector.
The Key Responsibilities for the successful Head of Operations Based in Swindon will be:
- Assist with Distribution Centre Operational Plans - establish and review Warehouse Plans, Responsibility Budgets and KPIs/Targets
- Financial control within budgetary remit - contribution to operational efficiency
- Warehouse Cost Budgets
- Staff Recruitment/Retention - recruit, train and develop direct reports
- Staff Training & Development Plans - implement Distribution Centre succession plan & manpower planning plans
- Health & Safety and Legal obligations - adherence to Company policies and procedures & ensure Group H&S policy is implemented and adhered to
- Stock integrity - ensure that Distribution Centre stock is recorded and held in line with company policies
- Stores layout - achieve maximum productivity and operational efficiencies
- Supply chain liaison - continuously assess stockholding/sales cover and review with supply chain
- Site contracts/maintenance - review all contracts and ensure that work is carried out to company standards.
- Customer Service
- Specified Project Management
- Communication Cascade (two-way)
- Distribution Centre Security
- Control of fixed assets
The successful Distribution Centre Manager will be based within a commuting distance of the Swindon and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have run a similar sized Distribution Centre and be biased towards warehouse and transport management.
- Ideally have overseen a customer facing driver operation.
- Excellent leadership skills and examples of team management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous budget management experience.
- Capable of managing poor performance and encouraging great performance.
- Must be fully conversant with the Transport Law governing Driving Hours.
For the successful Head of Operations a salary between - £50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus, 25 days + Bank Holidays and statutory pension.