Publica is looking for a Commercial Director to create a long-term sustainable business model and grow the value of the company over the next five years and beyond.
Publica is a 30-person London-based public realm and urban design consultancy providing intelligence and advice to Planning Authorities, Great Estates, major landowners and Business Improvement Districts.
The company enjoys an unrivalled reputation within the development sector and a strong portfolio of current and prospective projects. We are looking for an ambitious Commercial Director to maximize the benefits of our profile and pipeline into long-term commercial success.
Based in our new offices in Broadgate, the Commercial Director will work closely with Founding Director Lucy Musgrave to:
- Help secure key core client retainers and framework agreements;
- Work with the senior management and communications teams to develop a sales strategy and identify potential clients;
- Explore, develop, test and secure commercial partnerships;
- Follow through initial sales pitches to secure instruction;
- Create a long-term sustainable business model which creates opportunities for significant revenue growth in 2018 and beyond;
- Develop and implement the immediate and long-term efficiencies to ensure that we deliver profitable projects;
- Ensure tight financial controls over all parts of the client work cycle from budgets to collection;
- Explore, develop and test the feasibility of new service offers for clients;
- Build a funded, dynamic and ambitious Community Interest Company programme;
- Develop the company strategy for profit share and succession.
The successful applicant will have:
- Outstanding negotiating skills;
- A proven track record of ‘sealing the deal’;
- Strong networking skills and an aptitude for developing and maintaining contacts;
- The ability to think strategically and to develop deliverable short and long-term business plans;
- An appetite to make their mark on a fast-growing highly-ambitious company;
- An ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial and client-focused environment;
- A clear affinity with a client service setting;
- An understanding of – and the ability to communicate and sell – the value of creative and cultural work;
- The gravitas and ability to work with clients at senior management level and gain their confidence
Knowledge of the London development sector is desirable but not essential.
This is a fundamental role for our business with excellent prospects for career growth and potential to develop the role.
Interested parties should send a short cover letter and CV by clicking on Apply by 31st May.