Head of Software Development
Reporting to the IT Director, the Head of Development will be responsible for the maintenance and ongoing development of IT Systems. You will have overall responsibility for the development, testing and support.
A leading consultancy business who have grown to a turnover business in excess of £100m with 400 staff. They have ambitious growth plans and in order to achieve this, require a Head of Development to work with their IT Director to deliver an ambitious business strategy.
- Overall responsibility for the development, testing and support of IT Systems
- Lead the IT development team
- Define and agree technical strategies
- Accountable for all aspects of IT development change and project delivery
- Align IT development plans to operational needs
- Responsible for defining IT Development Policies and Governance controls
- Research, identify and develop 3rd party relationships, and manage contracts, budgets, and licences
- A driven IT manager who has led software Development and Testing teams in Microsoft, SQL server, and .NET environments
- Experience of driving innovation and continuous improvement in technology
- Fully accustomed to agile methods and working in fast moving environments with maximum business interactions
- Experience of implementing and maintaining effective standards and controls to meet industry best practices
- Ability to build and manage positive relationships, and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in evaluating, selecting and managing software development partners and contracts
- Experience of recruiting, building and motivating delivery teams to achieve maximum potential
This is a great career opportunity for an ambitious development lead looking to become part of an ambitious project. With an ambitious growth strategy there is role offers real scope for growth and progression within a close knit team.
The role offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a structured career path. Training and development is also a big priority for this business.