Chief Finance Officer
Our client is a £30 million turnover, owner managed business, with a strong reputation for a high quality of service. The business has established a platform for growth within a market suited to consolidation, and is now ideally positioned to expand through M&A. There is a clear opportunity to grow the business to £100 million turnover in the next 3 years.
As a result of our client’s future strategy, their strong balance sheet, and access to bank funding and support, a CFO is necessary to provide additional strategic direction to the current management team. This individual will bring the experience and ability to drive the acquisition and integration of new sites.
The successful candidate will be a decisive, proactive and collaborative leader, who possesses a high degree of commercial acumen. The incoming CFO will have the capability to support the management team in driving revenue and optimising margins. They will also possess an operational mind-set, working to improve site efficiencies.
Critical impact areas for the incoming CFO are:
- Be ‘right-hand’ person to the Managing Director, robustly challenging and building high quality working relationships.
- Deliver the growth strategy; including the successful acquisition and integration of further sites.
- Manage the banking relationship, understand budgeting and forecasting, and take a proactive approach to treasury, foreign exchange, hedging and cash management
- Lead the Finance Team, working with the Financial Controller to continue to deliver day to day accounting and reporting. Enhance and develop dynamic and accessible management information, and implement the required reporting, systems and controls to support the next phase of growth.
- Take responsibility for Legal and HR.
- Possess an analytical skillset with strong forecasting and modelling expertise to support the management team with decision making.
- Have the adaptability to communicate at all levels within the business and wider industry, possess a ‘sleeves rolled up’ attitude.