Financial Controller - Surrey
With annual revenues approaching £70m, my Surrey based client is seeking an experienced qualified accountant to support the Finance Director and undertake the following pivotal role.
Overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Leading and developing the finance team - Currently 7 direct reports
- Take a lead in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Management and oversight of the month end process, including ensuring all reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure effective financial controls operate, including implementation of a scheme of delegated authority, accounting policies and procedures, and controls on the core financial system
- Be key financial business support lead, ensuring that monthly financial reporting and forecasting procedures meet business requirements
- Act as business partner to a range of internal stakeholders, providing financial insight to support the decision making process and ongoing project/initiatives
- Managing the year end process, including the completion of statutory accounts and overseeing the successful annual audit process
- Ensure effective treasury operations including optimisation of cash and borrowing requirements and availability of adequate liquidity
- Support the Finance Director on ad hoc projects and company-wide initiatives
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong technical accounting background
- The ability to add value via the provision of financial reporting and analysis.
- The proven ability to see the bigger picture and support the wider business.
- Excellent management and motivational skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a number of stakeholders at all levels