Senior Finance Manager
With unparalleled recent growth, enviable forecasts for the future, excellent backers, and a unique highly ethical outlook, this business offers an excellent working environment as well as superb long term career progression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and development of a team of circa. 15 operational finance staff, based across 3 key locations.
- Working with the Finance Director to improve financial processes, procedures, and systems.
- Development of a robust controls environment.
- The development of management and KPI reporting.
- Ensuring strong balance sheet control.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of a large reconciliation team, overseeing the daily reconciliation of a number of key accounts.
- Oversight and assurance over the quality of specific transaction and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Oversight of the month-end close process, including all month end accounting and reporting operations outside of day-to-day reconciliations.
- Assisting in the completion of the year-end financial accounts, preparing schedules and liaising with external auditors.
- Other duties including, maintaining risk/exceptions register, developing the governance framework and ensuring it is enforced, and determining optimal process flows for reconciliation activities.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience gained from a multicurrency and/or high volume transaction environment
- Likely to have gained experience leading parts of a shared service function
- Exemplary people manager, capable of hiring and growing a team and inspiring direct reports
- An expert in all aspects of reconciliations, governance and managing a control environment
- Experienced at meeting strict reporting deadlines
- Record of optimising the use of systems and making the correct judgements when to upgrade and invest to cope for growth