Technology & New Product Director
Located: Bedfordshire Salary:
c£50k-£60k basic plus Benefits
We are looking for a very special person to develop and lead our premium museum and archive product offer by utilising the most advanced technology platforms available in order to deliver the leading online customer service offer.
Since 1992 Conservation by Design (CXD) has provided a comprehensive range of high quality conservation storage and display products including furniture, showcases, acid-free boxes, museum boards and specialist papers to Museums, Galleries, Libraries and Archives Worldwide.
As part of a global company, we continued to expand and develop as market leaders in this industry sector and the range of specialist products supplied is vast. Now, we want to migrate to become a technology lead company, with world-class product and customer platforms. This provides a unique opportunity for a person who aspires to influence the development of our Technology Platforms at the highest level.
Technology & New Product Director Responsibilities:
- Advising the board on strategy, direction and execution of our technology transformation
- Managing the existing and new product delivery from inception to market
- Manage structure content of our global product and customer platforms
- Creating a road map for delivering the plan/work streams
- Ensuring all teams are competent with the use of IT tools
What does a Technology & New Product Director do?
You should have a strong grasp of current technology (database structure & management, ERPs, CRM, and Apps development) and be able to lead its development to its presence online including all implementation and staff training. You will have the confidence and knowhow to translate your understanding of tools, strategies and processes so that the board can invest and phase the growth of our online offering.
- Plan and execute all technology advances and integration, including product database and CRM, app development, marketing database, email, and social media
- Manage a small internationally based team to seamlessly integrate into the rest of the business
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Train international team on optimal use of product and customer database
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- International Project Management, for Technology and Product Development
- Proven experience working for an online e-commerce business.
- Proven working experience in project management, including Apps development
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Branding experience a definite pre
- Proven experience of working with a multi-level, multi skilled, cross site teams
- Previous experience of conservation/museum/heritage/culture sector would be an advantage as would a second language.
Please note that only direct applicants will be considered.
Apply in the first instance by clicking on the Apply button.