Procurement Manager - Chemicals
This is a newly created procurement role at a global manufacturing business that is based in Central London. This role will allow you to use your procurement knowledge, along with your stakeholder management skills, to develop key purchasing strategy across the chemicals category. This position will enable you to enhance your procurement skills and have a clear career path ahead of you, with global opportunities around the world.
With over 2,500 colleagues around the world and revenue in excess of $1 billion, the business is keen to continue to grow their procurement function by hiring high calibre professionalization, with the ability to create important relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally. The business thrives, due to the nature of their staff and their ability to continuously improve, have autonomous working lives and good career prospects.
This role will be to lead the procurement strategy and supplier relationship of a number of chemicals and commodities ($40M spend). It will be vital that you are able to work closely with suppliers, negotiate on major contracts, as well as having strong interpersonal skills that can be carried into your day to day work with stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing all major and minor contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships through regular meetings, audits, review performance, draw up savings road maps and targets.
- Driving 'procurement best practice' across all categories managed by yourself.
- Ensuring contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Undertake projects within defined parameters, reporting to the Head of Raw Materials.
- Significant experience within Chemical, FMCG Manufacturing or Pharma businesses
- Exceptional Stakeholder management skills
- Strong Analytics understanding
- Articulate when speaking and writing
- Degree Educated
- CIPS Qualified
- £55,000 to £65,000
- Plus Bonus & Benefits
- Central London location