Group Financial Controller
T2M Resourcing have been retained to recruit a Group Financial Controller for a highly successful and diverse listed group that has exciting plans for further growth both organically and by acquisition. The company has an entrepreneurial and forward thinking culture and this role will be pivotal in ensuring that the group continues to thrive through strong financial control and insightful business information reporting to support and influence operational and strategic decisions.
Reporting to the Finance Director, managing a small team of qualified accountants and engaging with a broad senior level stakeholder group, this challenging and ‘change focused’ role will include the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of the group annual report and consolidated accounts
- Managing the relationship with group auditors
- Production of the monthly board pack presentation and developing this into an impactive and insightful summary format that will hi-light key results, trends and action points
- Driving change across the group and divisional finance functions that will evolve finance from a numbers reporting function to one that is operationally focused and engaged to support and challenge the Senior Management Teams
- Development of the FP&A function, working with IT to enhance reporting tools and evolve a reporting suite that allows all stakeholders to better understand the financial and commercial performance of the operating businesses
- Ensure a reliable and consistent approach to forecasting and business planning including the development of group cash-flow forecasting
- Working closely with the Group FD, other group functions such as Treasury, Tax & IT along with the Divisional Finance Directors to drive and support projects and initiatives
Based at the company’s headquarters but with some travel to ensure a sound understanding of the operating businesses this will be a highly pro-active and influential role. The skills, qualifications, experience and personal attributes we seek include the following:
- A graduate and qualified accountant (ACA, CGMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- A progressive career track record to date, ideally within a group environment.
- Strong Financial Planning and Analysis skills including development / implementation of reporting tools
- Technically sharp and fully up to date with reporting standards that you can apply within a complex group function.
- Proven experience of change management / transformation where you can provide evidence of driving the improvement of Management Information, developing people, processes and systems.
- A pro-active and confident character with great communication, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels.
- Operationally focused and commercially savvy
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and ideally BI tools such as Cognos
To apply for this role please forward your CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period. All applications & information will be treated with the strictest confidence.