Chief Operating Officer
- Exciting role in progressive and growing hedge fund
- Senior management role in start-up environment
About Our Client
Our client is a successful and growing hedge fund based in London
The firm is looking for a new Chief Operating Officer to work closely with the business in the achievement of its strategic goals. The functions of the role will be diverse in nature and will span regulation and compliance, finance, operations, legal and administration. The individual will be expected to undertake a variety of tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Facilitate and maintain fund setups in various jurisdictions, including Ireland and Cayman
- Set up counterparties
- Set up co-investment structures
- Negotiation, execution and maintenance of all agreements related to external counterparties, including administrators, prime brokers, trading counterparties etc.
- Build out of operational best practices
- Ability to facilitate the firm's FCA registration and move away from its current outsourced AIFM model
- Ability to complete investor DDQs
- Complete all reporting as required by relevant authorities and jurisdictions
- Set up risk reporting processes and procedures as required
- Perform monthly NAV calculations, coordinate risk and performance reporting
- Implement systems and processes to manage operational risk and to monitor and assess portfolio risk
- Work closely with third party marketers for the fund and enable as appropriate
The Successful Applicant
The individual will have the following experience:
- Have been heavily involved in the set up of a new Hedge Fund / Hedge Fund structure
- Have experience of dealing with senior internal and external stakeholders including senior advisors and lawyers
- Have significant exposure to the FCA and/or other regulatory bodies
- Have extensive exposure to counterparties and the setting up of these
- Have strong and demonstrable relationships with prime brokers
- Be a credible and persuasive individual with proven experience in a highly international environment
Key to the success of this role will be the right cultural fit and an ability to interact with individuals and principals at all levels both internally and externally. The individual must also be highly international in outlook and understanding and be willing to undertake tasks, some of which will be strategic and high level and others that could be "sleeves-up". Credibility is key from an early stage and the chosen candidate is likely to be from a pedigree background in a similar boutique business.
The right personality is also absolutely essential. The new COO will be joining an established and experienced team of senior directors, all of whom travel regularly. An ability to work independently is essential as is outstanding stakeholder management. High moral standards and a sympathetic but firm style along with a get it done, down to earth and sleeves-up attitude are also critical.
The individual will have recently been working with a firm that has experienced some significant growth and has been through a period of change which the individual will have been heavily involved with.
The person may come from a variety of backgrounds and may be a qualified accountant (although this is by no means essential). A broad knowledge of the industry and the right mind-set is vital.
What's on Offer
Excellent basic salary and profit share
Ref Code: MPFE13915124Z