3 days left
- Based in Essex
- Fast growth PE backed business
About Our Client
Our client is a highly acquisitive Private Equity owned market leader in their field. They have over 60 years of experience in designing and manufacturing high quality and efficient equipment for a wide range of products. Headquartered in Europe the Group has a T/O of €120m with a market presence in more than 11 countries with over 500 employees.
This person will oversee the day to day activities of the finance team and ensure the company's finance function is organised and efficient. The performance of the Finance Director will be measured based on the ability to improve and drive efficiency in the business through people and processes, and to lead and create a more execution-oriented and proactive culture.
Key Duties include:
To contribute to the development of the company's vision and strategy across all areas of the business, proactively problem solving and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers. Working in a matrix structure the role would suit a candidate who has worked for similar business.
- To work with the senior leadership team to grow the business. Responsibility and management of a team of 5 covering Finance, Facilities and IT
- Improvement of processes and internal controls
- To ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Cost controlling and optimisation
- Optimising working capital
- Participation in the local management board in UK
- Taking a leadership role and driving actions related to cost, profit, working capital
- Communicating financial results within the business, and explaining their results, to ensure actions of departments and their financial impact are clearly understood within the business
- Assistance for and support to the MD locally
- Responsibility for financial reporting (monthly reports, annual reports, budget) to Management and Group finance
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for an Accountant with a proven track record in a similar finance leadership role. You will have strong financial controls experience and be able to demonstrate working in a change environment, implementing systems and robust and accurate processes and efficiencies. You will be hands on but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen.
You will be comfortable supervising a small finance function and develop a team to offer best in class finance support to the business. The right candidate will be able to adjust to changing circumstances or demands of the business, an agile thinker who can deal with high levels of pressure and make critical decisions. You will be action orientated, with a proactive approach to situations, offering the business guidance and advice to deal with operational issues.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential. You will be a self-starter who can run a team autonomously and deputise for the MD where appropriate. You will have a good attention to detail and good judgement showing logical decision making, and a hands on approach. The role would suit a forward thinking, collaborative candidate who can influence others and lead from the front.
A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally. A background in manufacturing and/or engineering is essential as is ERP systems exposure.
What's on Offer
Ref Code: MPFE13915541Z
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly