Head of Research
Oversee research projects that add value to the wider business to influence strategy direction and development, managing a team of 15.
The Head of Research will be joining an established Engineering organisation based near Teddington who have a wide service offering across multiple sectors including offshore, energy and defence. They have recently realigned the business to promote closer collaboration on projects within the business unit and the Head of Research will support in the continued development and direction of the business. They can offer home working and supporting work life balance.
The Head of Research will manage the research team and programmes supporting key projects and utilising key insight to identify development opportunities, key responsibilities include:
- Resource alignment for key research projects, overview of time frames and key alignment within the business
- Identify developments in technology and how new digital enhancements can support the business
- Identify research opportunities outside of key project work
- Identify key research that can be utilised by other business units
- Bid and win EU grants and contracts
- Ensure high technical standards of work
- Continuous coaching and development of the research team
- Identify future resource needs within the research team
- Own, drive and report the financial performance of the research team
- Support the group strategy
To be right for the Head of Research role you will have a track record in a engineering or consultancy business managing an established research team. You will be a proven leader and be able to demonstrate successful implementation of research that influences business strategy, direction and growth. You have excellent project management and problem solving skills.
Salary on offer is up to £80,000 plus benefits.