Senior Public-Private Partnership Specialist/Principal Public-Private Partnership Specialist
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of Public-Private Partnership (OPPP). OPPP coordinates and supports ADB-wide PPP operations and provides transaction advisory services (TAS) to developing member countries (DMCs) clients in Asia and the Pacific. Aside from TAS, it also has a project preparation facility that helps governments, and their private sector partners, establish a pipeline of bankable Public-Private Partnership projects.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
1. Multiple positions at various levels may be filled from this vacancy notice.
2. Actual position title and level will be based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience and job scope that will be assigned to the selected candidates.
The Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Specialists (i) lead origination, processing and implementation of TAS mandates to prepare, structure, negotiate and contract infrastructure projects through PPP in collaboration with relevant departments including regional departments; (ii) contribute to formulation and implementation of policies, strategies, transactions and programs of OPPP to expedite ADB’s operations related to PPP including TAS in ADB’s DMCs; and (iii) contribute to developing and maintaining external and internal relations, stakeholders’ coordination, and knowledge management activities to accommodate PPP-related issues and challenges with innovative solutions; and establish and maintain effective networks with international and local key players in the PPP market.
The incumbent will report to Director, OPPP and may supervise one or more national and/or administrative staff.
a. Transaction Advisory Services (TAS)/Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Operations
- Implement Office of Public-Private Partnership’s (OPPP’s) vision, goals, work plan and development strategies with high-quality output in line with Public-Private Partnership Operational Plan 2012-2020 and Strategy 2020.
- Identify, structure, deliver, and administer TAS mandates and PPP programs with effective and efficient marketing, negotiation and due diligence of PPP related issues and projects in developing member countries (DMCs).
- Lead internal process for approval and implementation of TAS mandates which includes preparation of PPP-related materials and related TAS project documents.
- Lead selection and management of individual consultants who support deal teams, including designing of their terms of reference.
- Engage in PPP market research activities, identifying constraints and providing innovative solutions for fostering PPP policies/operations and regulatory frameworks in ADB’s DMCs.
- Contribute to OPPP’s knowledge management activities and assist in the establishment and maintenance of PPP data base for knowledge sharing with internal/external clients.
- Provide practical solutions on day-to-day operational issues by guiding the deal team members.
b. External Relations and Coordination
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with governments, development partners, civil society, and private sector entities within area of responsibility.
c. Internal Relations and Coordination
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and support regional departments and Private Sector Operations Department to achieve their PPP targets.
- Contribute to effective coordination and cooperation within OPPP which includes informing team members, Director, and the Head, OPPP of day-to-day development, emerging opportunities and challenges, and provide recommendations accordingly in a timely manner.
d. Staff Supervision
- Demonstrate leadership and motivate reporting staff to perform at their full capacity by providing clear guidance, monitoring performance and providing feedback regularly and support their learning and development
Relevant Experience & Requirements:
- Master’s degree in relevant fields, or equivalent. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s can be considered
- Substantial relevant professional experience in developing and implementing infrastructure projects including PPP transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Hands-on experience of structuring project finance transactions and/or providing advisory services in various sectors and countries including negotiation and coordination among stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge about PPP and financial market products and robust due diligence experience and capability for PPP projects
- Network with financial communities including export credit agencies and investment/commercial banks
- Excellent leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and negotiation skills
- International experience working in several countries
- Please refer to the ADB Competency Framework for IS5 and IS6.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of three (3) years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Application link: click on Apply
Deadline for applications: 22 May 2018