Group Technical Accountant
FTSE 100 company based in Luton are a fast-paced business that operates all over Europe. As a key member of the Finance team, this role will report into the Senior Finance Controller and will be responsible for the implementation of IFRS 16 Leases and improvement of intercompany processes following the set-up of new companies.
FTSE 100 company based in Luton are a fast-paced business that operates all over Europe. As a key Technical IFRS Change Consultant of the Finance team, this role will report into the Finance Controller and will be responsible for the implementation of IFRS 16 Leases and improvement of intercompany processes following the set-up of new companies.
- To work with key stakeholders across Finance in the implementation of IFRS 16
- To be Finance Lead on development of systems, processes and tools to ensure accounting under the new standard is robust and is efficient.
- Provide insight on the change in accounting policy versus the current reporting.
- Assist with creation of the budget including reporting impact of the standard change.
- Working with the Group Accounting team, ensure intercompany charging are standardised and that any changes required.
- To be Finance Lead on development of processes and tools to streamline the accounting for intercompany transactions delivering a Leaner process during month end and reporting.
As the Technical IFRS Change Consultant you provided a true Business Partner framework to different departments ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times.
Provides support covering:
- Lead on Lease accounting inputs delivering insight to business on impact of change.
- Liaison with Finance Systems to ensure key finance systems set up to manage implementation.
- Work within Finance team to ensure current processes understood and identify improvements.
- Responsibility for Finance deliverables on IFRS 16 implementation.
- Finance Lead on implementation of accounting tools to deliver IFRS 16, ensuring needs of stakeholders are managed.
- Review of current processes regarding intercompany and identification of improvements.
- Working with Procurement on intercompany lease contracts to ensure consistency and in line with accounting expectations.
Accounting & control:
- Processing of monthly accounting requirements for leased aircraft for day 1 standard implementation.
- Ensure month end accounting requirements post introduction made and in line with expectations.
- Production of analysis to demonstrate cost variances in FY2019 under old and new standards.
- Ensure balance sheets accounts are in place under new standards and reconciliations are adequately performed.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED as the Technical IFRS Change Consultant
- Qualified accountant proven post qualified experience able to embrace large, complex, preferably fast moving, entities.
- Technical knowledge of leasing and ownership related standards beneficial.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate an excellent grasp of variance analysis and the key drivers.
- Ability to deliver the level of detail and insight required to support the Procurement teams.
- Able to communicate and challenge effectively with key stakeholders at all seniority levels in the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate the commercial value of Finance projects.
- Ability to explain finance to non-financial stakeholders.
- A proactive team player.
- An ability to work on own initiative, and has the confidence to offer solutions.
- A true self starter, with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent excel skills (up to basic macros)